1. Eligibility: SoCal Plumbers 911 “Protect the Pipes” Kings Drawing (the “Sweepstakes”) is open only to legal residents of California, who are at least 18 years old at the time of entry. Employees of PIPE/SoCal Plumbers 911, The Los Angeles Kings Hockey Club L.P. (“Kings”), and the National Hockey League (“NHL”) and each of its and their respective parents, affiliates and subsidiaries, and each of their respective officers, employees, directors, members, legal representatives, agents, successors and assigns are not eligible, as well as their immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children) and household members are not eligible. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations and is void outside of California and where prohibited. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
2. Sponsor: P.I.P.E., 501 Shatto Place Suite 200, Los Angeles, CA 90020-1713
3. Timing: The Contest begins at 7:30 p.m., Pacific Daylight Time (“PDT”) on April 14, 2016 and ends 11:59:59 p.m. PDT, on April 26, 2016. Sponsor’s computer is the official timekeeping device for the Sweepstakes.
4. How to Enter: During the Promotion Period, entrants must visit: www.socalplumbers911.com and follow the sweepstakes instructions therein. Multiple Entrants are not permitted to share the same email address. Any attempt by any Entrant to obtain more than the stated number of Entries by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void that Entrant’s Entries and that Entrant may be disqualified. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Each potential winner may be required to show proof of being an authorized account holder.
5. Odds for Winning: The odds of winning depend on the total number of eligible entries received.
6. Prize: One (1) Winner (the “Winner”) will be chosen from a random drawing to win $2,000.00 and one (1) jersey and one (1) hockey puck signed by one or members of the Kings (Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of Prize is $2,297.79). Name of Winner will be posted on SoCal Plumbers 911 website and Facebook page by May 31, 2016. Winner will receive email notice. Receiving a prize is contingent upon compliance with these Official Rules. Winner will be solely responsible for all, as applicable: sales tax and all other federal, state, local or other tax liabilities; and all other fees and expenses associated with receipt and use of any prize. Sponsor makes no representation or warranty that any of the prizes can be sold, bartered, or traded for at the stated estimated retail value. Values are subject to market conditions, which can fluctuate and any difference between actual market value and estimated retail value will not be awarded. All prizes are awarded “AS IS.” Limit: One (1) prize per person.
7. Release: By receipt of any prize, winners agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor, Kings, NHL, Administrator, and their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, advertising/promotion agencies, and prize suppliers, and each of their respective parent companies and each such company’s officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, arising out of participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of any prize or participation in any Sweepstakes-related activity and for any claims based on publicity rights, defamation or invasion of privacy and merchandise delivery. Entrants and winners further understand and agree that to the greatest extent permitted under applicable law, the releases hereunder are intended to apply to all claims not known or suspected to exist with the intent of waiving the effect of laws requiring the intent to release future unknown claims. To the extent the laws of California should apply to the Release language stated herein, entrants acknowledge that Entrants and winners further understand and agree that all rights under Section 1542 of the Civil Code of California (“Section 1542”) and any similar law of any state or territory of the United States that may be applicable with respect to the foregoing release are hereby expressly and forever waived. Entrants acknowledge that Section 1542 provides that: “A GENERAL RELEASE DOES NOT EXTEND TO CLAIMS WHICH THE CREDITOR DOES NOT KNOW OR SUSPECT TO EXIST IN HIS OR HER FAVOR AT THE TIME OF EXECUTING THE RELEASE, WHICH, IF KNOWN BY HIM OR HER MUST HAVE MATERIALLY AFFECTED HIS OR HER SETTLEMENT WITH THE DEBTOR.” The releases hereunder are intended to apply to all claims not known or suspected to exist with the intent of waiving the effect of laws requiring the intent to release future unknown claims.
In the event that a potential winner is disqualified for any reason, the prize will be awarded to an alternate winner in accordance with the Official Rules.
8. Publicity: Except where prohibited, participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes each winner’s consent to Sponsor’s and its agents the perpetual, irrevocable, and royalty free right to use of winner’s name, likeness, photograph, voice, opinions and/or hometown and state for any marketing and/or promotional purposes whatsoever in any media now or hereafter known, worldwide, without further payment or consideration.
9. General Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Sweepstakes, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Sweepstakes, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or to be acting in violation of the Official Rules of this or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
10. Limitations of Liability: The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by Entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Sweepstakes; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries; (5) late, lost, undeliverable, damaged or stolen mail; or (6) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from Entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of any prize. If for any reason an Entrant’s Entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, Entrant’s sole remedy is another entry in the Sweepstakes, if it is possible. If the Sweepstakes, or any part of it, is discontinued for any reason, Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may elect to hold a random drawing from among all eligible entries received up to the date of discontinuance for any or all of the prizes offered herein. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. In the event that production, technical, seeding, programming or any other reasons cause more than the stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available and/or claimed, Sponsor reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate, unawarded, eligible prize claims.
Disputes: Except where prohibited, Entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate federal or state court located in Los Angeles County, California; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) under no circumstances will Entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and Entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the Entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of California without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules, which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of California.
11. Official Rules: For a copy of these Official Rules send a hand-printed, self-addressed, return postage stamped envelope to: Official Rules – SoCal Plumbers 911 Kings Drawing, P.I.P.E., 501 Shatto Place Suite 200, Los Angeles, CA 90020-1713